Monday, July 23, 2012

J'adore Peplum!


Peplum: Forever 21, Skirt: Express, Shoes: Forever 21, Bag: Steinmart

I've previously written about peplums with their rising popularity and flattering shape, but I just simply cannot get enough!  With an eventful evening ahead, I paired soft, neutral colors like camel, black, and creams to accentuate my hair and skin while also complementing the warm, summer atmosphere. Camel is another trending color this spring and summer as well. I chose a soft, suede camel color for the shoes because you simply can never go wrong with browns, and going just a few shades lighter is perfect for the sunny season.  Finally, the subtle contrast of the pastel, pink bag gives a feminine, flirty touch to this achromatic outfit.  

The shoes I am wearing have been extremely anticipated.  I remember seeing Jeffrey Campbell booties last summer while shopping at Nordstorm with a friend who is majoring in fashion design.  Being naive and completely oblivious to anything high fashion, I thought they were probably the ugliest shoes I had ever set my eyes on, but my friend was entirely obsessed with them.  However, now my perception of the fashion world has turned a whole 180 degrees, and I have been looking for a pair of Jeffrey Campbell knock-offs for quite some time now.  When I found the shoes above in a local Forever 21 store, I became obsessed with them.  They are 1/5 the retail price of Jeffrey Campbell booties, and although they do not portray the signature double platform that his designs so often possess, it was still one of my most beloved and sought after purchases.   

As for the peplum, I am absolutely in love with them, so I am going to splurge a bit on why they are so great.  Because of the brilliant combination of being cinched at the waist and flared out towards the bottom, peplums give a the loveliest silhouette to any shape.  They are flattering, flirty, and chic: the perfect combination.

Enjoy! XoXo








No comments:

Post a Comment