Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Retro Modern Pin-Up


Bustier: American Eagle Outfitters, Skirt: Forever 21, Shoes: Candies at Kohls, Eye Wear: Urban Outfitters

Ultimately inspired by my infatuation with the 1950s style I wrote about yesterday, I decided to pull an outfit together that portrayed a bit of a modern pin up look.  I could do a lot better, but I lack the vintage accessories and hair styling products to do so.  So I combined a gray, crochet bustier and high-waisted skirt to bring forth the '50s look.  The floral print seemed to be the piece that added a retro vibe to the whole outfit and doesn't really portray the bland, conservative '50's look. The eye wear, cherry red lipstick, and bandana headband seemed to top off the look and really embrace the 1950s pin up vibe.  

Enjoy! Read more about the fabulous fifties in my previous blog post Bobbins and Bombshells

XoXo





1 comment:

  1. Wow, you look stunning in this out fit, I loved the pair of shoes and top of yours. You surely have good fashion sense, thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete