Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pretty in Peplum


PEP·LUM/ˈPEPLƏM/

noun:
  1. A short flared, gathered, or pleated strip of fabric attached at the waist of a woman’s jacket, dress, or blouse.
  2. (in ancient Greece) A woman’s loose outer tunic or shawl.
I went to a fashion show last week that the each senior fashion design major hosted for the University. This was my first fashion show and hopefully not my last! My friends and I sat at nearly the front row, behind the reserved seating for the designers and their families.
One of the senior fashion majors showcased her work inspired by the streets of Paris. Each of her five pieces were gorgeous and flattering in every aspect, and the touch of soft, pastel colors gave each article of clothing just the right amount of classy and reserved yet preppy personality.
The peplum seemed to be the reoccurring, trendy item displayed throughout the show.  This was the first time I’ve seen a design like that flattering every body type. This design portrays a sophisticated look with a bit of endearing character.
The most suitable aspect about the peplum is that it is a separate piece, so it can be either dressed up with a fitted skirt and heels or dressed down with a pair of skinny jeans and flats. I am going to have to invest in some of these styles shown below! 










No comments:

Post a Comment